Saturday, April 22, 2006

Hot Cheese Dip Recipe!

I made this for last night's kit assembly and it was a hit! I love trying out new recipes and I believe this one came from a Taste of Home magazine.

Several of you asked for the recipe, so here it is. It would be great to take to a crop or weekend scrapbook getaway, as long as you have access to an oven.

Hot Cheese Dip

2 cups (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups (8oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups mayo
chopped onion
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
pepperoni
1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, optional

Crackers, french bread, veggies

In an ungreased shallow baking dish or pie plate, combine the first five ingredients. Top with pepperoni and olives. Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees or until bubbly and heated all the way through. Serve with crackers, bread or veggies.

Note: It took longer than 25 minutes to cook. It might help to turn the temperature up higher, but watch carefully. My favorite was the Wheat Thins with this! I also cut the pepperoni slices in half before covering the top of the dip with them!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

RaeChelle said...

This was the best thing I have tasted in a long time!!!!! I absolutly loved it!~