Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November Family Tree Projects - Candle Center Piece

I had intended for this to an Altered "CANDLE", but it turned out to be a Center Piece with "CANDLES". I started with 3 different sizes, and in this case colors, candles and the charger (plate) from Walmart. I picked up the raffia bows & sequin pins (or from Mindy if you forgot yours at home) from Michaels.

Next I cut cardstock to about 4 inches on the tallest candle and smaller as I got to the smaller candles. You can eyeball this to suit your needs and tastes. I cut the patterned paper 1/2 inch smaller than the cardstock.

I tried to use just glue dots to adhere to the candles, but it became clear than it was going to need more. Mindy had the great idea to use sequin pins and it worked like a charm. I still used the glue dots for extra support.

I used the sequin pins to attach the raffia bows and I used one of the 5 petal crochet flowers and attached it with a brad.

In about 1 hour you can have a finished center piece. Wouldn't it make a great gift for a family, friend or a Hostess gift, even a teacher? Enjoy!

Raegan

No comments: